Monday, July 28, 2008

My Summer Vacation I

I'm back from my brief holiday, having had a wonderful break from life on the coast by travelling into the semi-arid desert country of the southern interior of the province of British Columbia. While I get back into the swing of life here in Victoria, I will take the liberty of sharing with you a few vacation photos. First, I will introduce a couple of my travelling companions, grandchildren Molly (foreground) and Rosie (background) in the van.They are sampling fruit the Fraser valley is famous for: fresh-picked raspberries.However, before we could travel to the interior of the province we had to take a ferry across to the mainland since Victoria is on an island.The ferries are large car-ferries that travel hourly during the daylight hours and evening.
It takes about two hours to cross to the Vancouver ferry terminal called Tsawassen. Below is a view taken from the ferry window while passing between two of the Gulf Islands.After arriving on the mainland we travelled eastwards up the lush Fraser Valley, which provides Vancouver with much of its food (including raspberries) from the rich river delta agricultural lands.--->Next Stop: Cultus Lake Provincial Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment